Are you a bike enthusiastic? Whether you are or not, after you read this article, you would want to buy a speed bike. That is a single speed bike. Yes! Single speed bikes are the things running the market these days. Or you can say they are the cool things in today’s trend.
Well, single speed bikes are nothing but bikes which have no fixed gears. It usually has only one single gear. This means that you have the complete control over the bike. It gives the freedom to ride in your own way. So if you want to speed up, then you have to intensify up the pedal game. These kinds of bikes are usually available at cheaper prices when compared to multi-geared variants. And not to forget, they are lighter as well.
So now your question might be as to why you should buy a single speed bike? The answer for your bike is here. Single speed bikes have lots of benefits.
- They are easy to ride and are affordable. When biking is your hobby, it should definitely not cost you much. When you opt for a single speed bike, you save a lot of cash as it is pocket friendly. For beginners, you can find single speed bikes in the price range of $200 to $450.
- It is very good for your health. You use all of your energy when you ride a single speed bike. You get to burn your calories and build muscles. Since it does not have any king of gear, you use all the energy in your legs and hence improvise your health and especially your leg strength.
- It is very easy to operate and has a simple appearance. It also has good looks along with its simple and sleek design. You can spin resourcefully as you will be continuously pedaling.
- You get a complete different feeling when you ride the single speed bike. It is you who decides on the riding techniques as you go through different terrains. You feel more connected with the bike and the road as you ride through.
Here is a list of best single speed bikes under $500:
- Pure Fix Cycles Fixed Gear Single Speed Urban Fixie Road Bike, 54cm/ Medium, Juliet Matte Black: It costs around $345 and has deep-dish wheels of 50mm size. It also has a flip flop rear wheel hub which allows shifting single-speed bike to fixed gear easily.
- Vilano Rampage Fixed Gear Fixie Single Speed Road Bike, Black/Red, and Medium/54 cm: It costs around $199 and has an urban geometry of 700c tig-welded frame and also a Fork Forged alloy crank set. It is available in either single speed or fixed gear bikes (with flip flop hub).
- Giordano Rapido Single Speed Road Bike (Large): It costs around $299.99 and seat tube of 61cm aluminum frame.
So what are you thinking about? Don’t you want to have some good time with yourself? If yes, then own a single speed bike and have a wonderful ride.